- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
- Do you need extra help?
Who we are
This website is operated by Cracked Foodservice Marketing Limited (the Company). We are a specialist foodservice marketing business that helps generate business and increase impact for foodservice operators, catering companies, big brands and independent food and drink businesses.
We collect, use, and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our ‘contact us’ page. We collect details of your name, email address, contact telephone number and your comments.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you contact us or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you.
We use this personal information to:
- provide goods and services to you
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services.
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
Further information: the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected||What information we ask for||How and why we use your information|
|When you register with us||Contact details: your name, email address and contact telephone number||We ask for this to communicate with you. We rely on consent and contract as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information. We will keep this information for 12 months.|
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your contact details (your name, email address and contact telephone number) internally only within the Company or our service providers. Your data is not shared with any other external third parties.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
We require you to provide your name, email address and contact telephone number to enable us to respond to your enquiry. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email or telephone.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online contact us page.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our email messages, or by contacting us at email@example.com
It may take up to 28 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to the processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to Claire Nutter, Director, our Data Privacy Manager
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. name)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breaches. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that our Data Privacy Manager can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
Data Privacy Manager: Claire Nutter
Address: Cracked Foodservice Marketing, 1st Floor, 123 Oatlands Drive, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 9LB
Telephone: 020 3026 7480