Star Pubs Group: Social Media Management
As part of the Star Pubs Group, the team behind Shepperton’s popular Red Lion pub wanted to put measures in place to ensure the continued growth of their customer base. Their main goal was to harness the power of social media and leverage their voice to reach a larger audience and draw in crowds from further afield. Facebook and Instagram profiles had already been set up, but posting was inconsistent and done by team members around other tasks. Cracked was approached and asked to take on the management of the pub’s social media and use our experience to build a clear content plan and approach to social, to drive footfall and awareness and in turn bring commercial return.
We turned the spotlight onto various team members and local suppliers to help people get to know the ethos behind The Red Lion, and developed a tailored promotional strategy specifically for pub events to build anticipation with both local and wider audiences.
Team Cracked got straight to work! After getting a full run-down of the pub’s social activity to date, we looked at their competitor set to discover the type of content that consumers were engaging with positively across the spectrum. We then created the key fun, informative and engaging themes which kicked off the production of daily content across all platforms — from weekly menu spotlights to drive interest in offers, to the sharing of user-generated content to promote awareness and a sense of community. We turned the spotlight onto various team members and local suppliers to help people get to know the ethos behind The Red Lion, and brought the menu and broad range of drinks behind the bar to life with beautiful photography. We also developed a tailored promotional strategy specifically for pub events to build anticipation with both local and wider audiences.
“Our social media has definitely had a positive impact on sales since we invested in it. Cracked are a pleasure to work with, the attention and care they put into our social media is second to none. Nothing is ever a problem and their knowledge of this industry is a huge asset.”
James Thomson, Director, Red Lion Pub
- Consistent increase in both the Instagram and Twitter following organically month after month.
- Achieved and sustained 50 covers every Friday evening through the weekly spotlight of takeaway fish and chips.
- A targeted coffee and brunch offer to drive footfall in quieter dayparts, delivering bookings of up to 70 covers per day.
- Reached a Facebook audience of over 18,000 in less than one month with a targeted 2018 Christmas campaign.
- Took on the social management of The Red Lion’s sister pub, The Golden Grove in Chertsey due to the success of our partnership.